News from Ceylan
News we posted through our SourceForge's tools are available, even if we even less frequently update them.
- 2012, October 1, Monday
- Tool update, first step for newer works.
- 2011, January 3, Monday
- Developments restarted again at higher speed, mainly driven by the needs of our game DARM.
- 2010, November 29, Monday
- Various updates to prepare for DARM.
- 2010, August 4, Wednesday
- Newer "Zero-Overhead" WOOPER being prepared for actual use.
- 2010, June 4, Friday
- Lots of work done on the Common, WOOPER and Traces layers.
- 2010, March 11, Thursday
- Lots of Erlang code added, including in order to compute the convex hull and the Minimum Enclosing Circle (MEC) of a polygon. For example, the (random-generated) polygon is rendered in blue, the convex hull in red, and the corresponding MEC is represented:
- 2010, February 6, Saturday
- Build fully restored (32/64 bits).
- 2010, January 17, Sunday
- Porting Ceylan to 64-bit GNU/Linux (Ubuntu Karmic Koala).
- 2009, August 9, Sunday
- Rather minor updates performed on Erlang and shell scripts.
- 2009, July 10, Friday
- Improvements regarding, among others, the template-based MVC framework.
- 2009, June 4, Thursday
- Some fixes and improvements in logs and filesystem management. Erlang resource indexing tool added.
- 2009, April 20, Monday
- First sets of exception specifications are being removed: as discussed in the developer guide, using them was actually a mistake.
- 2009, April 4, Saturday
- The Ceylan 0.7 version has been released!
- 2009, March 26, Thursday
- A new version of WOOPER (0.3) has just been released. Enjoy!
- 2009, March 5, Thursday
- Very useful python script added, to cleanly set-up references to back-up directories.
- 2009, February 13, Friday
- Various fixes and improvements performed on the log system.
- 2008, February 8, Friday
- Various additions integrated for the OSDL port on the DS.
- 2007, December 21, Friday
- WOOPER 0.2 released! This new stable version allows still easier and faster OOP constructs to be used with Erlang.
- 2007, November 18, Sunday
- Ceylan IPC subsystem for the Nintendo DS finished after tremendous efforts, see its documentation here.
- 2007, October 22, Monday
- License extended, went from pure LGPL to disjunctive bi-license LGPL/GPL. It allows developers using GPL software to use Ceylan as well.
- 2007, October 2, Tuesday
- Port to the Nintendo DS successful, release of the Ceylan 0.6 version. Start of the 0.7 one.
- 2007, September 4, Tuesday
- First step of filesystem generalization achieved.
- 2007, July 21, Saturday
- WOOPER (Wrapper for OOP in Erlang) released.
- 2007, July 13, Friday
- Getting ready for cross-compilation to the Nintendo DS.
- 2007, March 28, Wednesday
- Development on the 0.6 version started.
- 2007, March 20, Tuesday
- Many small fixes and additional services added in support of the OSDL 0.4 version. This will lead to a Ceylan 0.5 version once ported again to Windows, tested and released at the same time as OSDL will be released.
- 2007, February 3, Sunday
- Many improvements in the build (autotools) and documentation systems integrated. Lot of reformattig as well: 80 character width enforced.
- 2006, December 9
- Ceylan 0.4 released! This version includes a custom-made XML parser (read/write in file and in a DOM-like tree in memory), and adds three supported platforms: Windows XP, Solaris 9, and OpenBSD 3.8. No new Ceylan version scheduled before some time (at most bug fixes only in the next months), since work will mainly happen on OSDL from now.
- 2006, September 12
- Ceylan 0.3 released! This version is a major milestone, and is very different from the 0.2 version. We aimed at an increased portability (GNU/Linux, FreeBSD, et NetBSD, 32 or 64 bit) and modularity (full autotools support added).
A lot of efforts for this version went to the networking support.
- 2005, November 29
- Some more basic datatypes added. Thinking to a FreeBSD port.
- 2005, October 4
- After some holidays and much pleasant time passed reading Harry Potter,
Clonable interface has been proof-tested, gcc 3.4.x is now supported,
toString operations have been improved for non-base 10 outputs. Some scripts added as well.
- 2005, September 2
ResourceManager classes have been improved again, now they are (hopefully) in their final state, as extensive testing showed.
- 2005, July 15
- A smart policy-based resource cache, based on C++ inherited templates, has been added and tested, after more efforts than expected. Very convenient for example to cache precomputed glyphs for a text rendering system.
- 2005, April 12
- Some basic character support (Latin-1, Unicode, UTF-8) has been added.
- 2005, February 27
- Listener-driven and source-driven MVC framework finished and fully tested, scheduling and time management improved.
- 2005, February 11
- A reverse (listener-based) MVC framework is needed by OSDL scheduler scheme, so Ceylan is adding specialized MVC support.
- 2005, January 14
- Oops, forgot to update the Ceylan news for a while! Plenty of new developements added, including a powerful HTML logging, linear algebra (including 4x4 homogeneous transformations), referential trees, Model-View-Controller framework, and many more features...
- 2004, February 13
News section at last inaugurated! As our game creation club was heavily working on OSDL, little time was available to set up Ceylan's website. Some improvements are being made now, at last.
- 2004, in the beginning
Ceylan's 0.2 version was started, since the 0.1 had been screwed up by a mistake with
cvs import. Not that glorious!
If you have information more detailed or more recent than those
presented in this document, if you noticed errors, neglects or points
insufficiently discussed, drop us a